Which Cosmetic Dentistry Procedure Is Right For You?
Unlike other facets of dentistry, cosmetic dentistry focuses on making your smile more beautiful rather than increasing its functionality. However, with many options to choose from, selecting the best treatments for you and your teeth can prove to be tricky. Learning the basics of some common cosmetic dentistry procedures can help you in understanding these treatments. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry with your Pittsburgh, PA cosmetic dentist Dr. Gary Machiko.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments Available in Pittsburgh, PA
- Zoom Teeth Whitening: Zoom teeth whitening is a fast and noninvasive way to give your smile a boost. Lift the color of your teeth up to ten shades in a single sitting with teeth whitening.
- Porcelain Veneers and Lumineers: Veneers and Lumineers cover the teeth to provide a new appearance. Made from porcelain, these restorations can treat anything from a chip or crack in a tooth to discolorations and small misalignments.
- Dental Implants: Dentists use dental implants to replace a missing tooth by surgically implanting a small, titanium post into the jawbone under the missing tooth to replace its root. Then, a porcelain dental restoration covers the implant to replace the missing tooth itself.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontics focus on straightening misaligned teeth and correcting a misaligned bite to provide a more beautiful, more functional smile. There are several types of braces to choose from, such as traditional metal braces or plastic aligner trays.
- Cosmetic Contouring and Bonding: Cosmetic bonding uses a composite resin material to reshape a chipped or otherwise misshapen tooth. Contouring uses a dental drill to reshape the resin, finishing the procedure.
- Porcelain Crowns and Bridges: Crowns fit over a tooth to stabilize or protect it from harm. Bridges replace a missing tooth by attaching to the healthy teeth surrounding a gap using dental crowns. Both restorations are made from porcelain for a natural look.
Feeling good about the way you look is priceless. If you think you can benefit from a cosmetic dental procedure, do not hesitate to talk to your dentist to ensure that this is the best treatment plan for you. For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Gary Machiko in Pittsburgh, PA. Call (724) 719-2866 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Machiko today!